Business Administration Overview
Do you thrive in today's fast business world? Do you think you would enjoy the process of business and management? Do you like challenge and working as part of a team to move an organization forward? If so, a career in business development and management might be the right choice for you - and the opportunities for growth are tremendous.
In 2.5 years, through our year-round schedule, you can earn a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Business Management.
Today's business world requires a thorough knowledge of accounting, technology management, and sound marketing practices that work in the new global marketplace.
Our Program Focuses On:
- Classes in management, entrepreneurship, search engine marketing, and accounting with an emphasis on international business
- Project based coursework to prepare you for the workplace market - both as manager and as entrepreneur
- Technology optimization for operations and global marketing
- Statistical Process Control (Six Sigma Techniques) and Project Management
- Workplace experience with two externships (required)
- Senior project designed to develop entrepreneurial skills by having you create a business and its marketing plan
This program emphasizes application of business theory and principle in managing in a technically and economically dynamic world. As technology advances, businesses must continue adaptive change in order to sustain competitive advantage. Our program is designed to create managers and business-oriented personnel who are able to strategically manage and utilize technology while implementing changes essential to today's global business environment.
For more information about this program and its outcomes, please see the program description in the University Catalog. Business Administration Program Description
What You Can Learn in Business Administration
- Effective use of information literacy in the management field
- Detailed implementation of ethical standards as required by business management professionals
- Application of management theory and practice in decision making, business strategy, and technical solutions relating to management
- Effective oral and written business communication
- Critical thinking and analysis of business factors including operations management, technology, and globalization
- Environmental knowledge and experience necessary to strategically plan with respect to decisions at different layers of management
- An understanding of global and technological business processes and management leadership
- Change management - fundamental to today's business world
Where You Can Go in Business Administration
With a business administration degree, you will be qualified for entry level management positions in diverse areas such as education, manufacturing, or government. After completion of this program, students could apply for a management position in fields such as:
- Information Systems
- Transportation and Logistics