IT Management Overview
Do you think you would enjoy the process of integrating information technology with business and management? Do you like challenge and working as part of a team to move an organization forward? If so, a career in business administration and Information technology management might be the right choice for you - and the opportunities for growth are tremendous.
In 2.5 years, you can earn a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in IT Management.
Today's business requires a thorough knowledge of technology management, accounting, and sound marketing practices that work in the new global marketplace.
Our IT Management program field focuses on:
- Classes in information technology management, entrepreneurship, and accounting with an emphasis on international business
- Advanced courses in information technology communication, programming, databases, and networking
- Project based coursework to prepare you for the workplace market - both as manager and as entrepreneur
- Technology optimization for operations and global marketing
- Management of information technology projects
- Workplace experience with externships
- Senior project designed to develop entrepreneurial skills by having you create a business, its technology requirements, and its marketing plan
For more information about this program and its outcomes, please see the program description in the University Catalog. IT Management Program Description
What You Can Learn in IT Management
- Effective use of information literacy in the management field.
- Information technology skills in web design, programming, database, and networking.
- Implementation of ethical standards as required by business management professionals.
- Application of management theory and practice in decision making, business strategy, and technical solutions relating to management.
- Effective oral and written business communication.
- Critical thinking and analysis of business factors including operations management, technology, and globalization.
- Environmental knowledge and experience necessary to strategically plan.
- An understanding of global and technological business processes and management leadership.
- Change management - fundamental to today's business world.
This program emphasizes application of information technology in managing in a technically and economically dynamic world. As technology advances, businesses must adapt. Our program is designed to create managers and business-oriented personnel who are able to strategically manage and utilize technology while implementing changes essential to today's global business environment.
Where You Can Go in IT Management
With our IT Management degree, you could qualify for entry level management positions in diverse areas such as education, manufacturing, or government. Employment opportunities for graduates include:
- Information Systems
- Transportation and Logistics
Future Possible Careers for This Program
|11.0101||Computer and Information Sciences, General.|
|11-3021.00||Computer and Information Systems Managers|
Time frame: July 1, 2011 to June 30, 2012 Award Year 2011-12
How long will it take to complete this program?
The program is designed to take 31 months to complete.
84% of graduates from this program finish in this time.*
The median time for graduates to complete this program is 26 months.*
What is the total cost of this program for me?
At ECPI University, programs are competitively priced and are designed to help you achieve your goals. Through our year-round schedule, you could earn your Bachelor's degree in 2.5 years. That can give you the edge over students at other colleges who might still be attending class.
|Program Cost/Tuition Chart|
|Books & Supplies||$2,280.00|
|Tuition and Fees||$56,070.00|
Foundation course requirements can result in additional costs and increase the time to graduation. Actual cost may vary depending on actual time to graduate, and subject to any necessary tuition increases. (for all programs and schools)
Time frame: July 1, 2011 to June 30, 2012 Award Year 2011-12.
What are my financing options to pay for the program?
In addition to any grant and scholarship aid for which they are eligible, graduates used loans to finance their education. The median debt for program graduates is:
|Federal Median Loans||$23,252.00|
|Private Median Loans||$0.00|
|Institutional Median Loans||$350.00|