IT Management Overview
Do you think you would enjoy the process of integrating information technology with business and management? Do you like challenge and working as part of a team to move an organization forward? If so, a career in business administration and Information technology management might be the right choice for you - and the opportunities for growth are tremendous.
In 2.5 years, you can earn a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in IT Management.
Today's business requires a thorough knowledge of technology management, accounting, and sound marketing practices that work in the new global marketplace.
Our IT Management program field focuses on:
- Classes in information technology management, entrepreneurship, and accounting with an emphasis on international business
- Advanced courses in information technology communication, programming, databases, and networking
- Project based coursework to prepare you for the workplace market - both as manager and as entrepreneur
- Technology optimization for operations and global marketing
- Management of information technology projects
- Workplace experience with externships
- Senior project designed to develop entrepreneurial skills by having you create a business, its technology requirements, and its marketing plan
For more information about this program and its outcomes, please see the program description in the University Catalog. IT Management Program Description
What You Can Learn in IT Management
- Effective use of information literacy in the management field.
- Information technology skills in web design, programming, database, and networking.
- Implementation of ethical standards as required by business management professionals.
- Application of management theory and practice in decision making, business strategy, and technical solutions relating to management.
- Effective oral and written business communication.
- Critical thinking and analysis of business factors including operations management, technology, and globalization.
- Environmental knowledge and experience necessary to strategically plan.
- An understanding of global and technological business processes and management leadership.
- Change management - fundamental to today's business world.
This program emphasizes application of information technology in managing in a technically and economically dynamic world. As technology advances, businesses must adapt. Our program is designed to create managers and business-oriented personnel who are able to strategically manage and utilize technology while implementing changes essential to today's global business environment.
Where You Can Go in IT Management
With our IT Management degree, you could qualify for entry level management positions in diverse areas such as education, manufacturing, or government. Employment opportunities for graduates include:
- Information Systems
- Transportation and Logistics