It’s been just eight short years since ECPI University graduate Harley Stagner received his BA in Management Information Systems, but he is already making a name for himself. A Richmond-Moorefield Campus graduate, he has just co-authored a book titled Managing and Optimizing VMware vSphere Deployments. In it, he and co-author Sean Crookston offer start-to-finish lessons for vSphere planning, implementation, operation, management, and troubleshooting.
• Building a strong foundation for virtual infrastructure
• Smoothly integrating vSphere 5 into current environments and considerations
• Establishing a more stable infrastructure
• Choosing hardware and making optimal configuration decisions
• Transforming VMware design from blueprint to completion
• Operating vSphere solutions more efficiently on a day-to-day basis
• Automating tasks and maximizing availability
• Streamlining the installation of updates, patches, and upgrades
• Forecasting and planning capacity on an ongoing basis to support growth
• Overcoming roadblocks on the journey to 100% virtualization
• Monitoring vSphere 5 with tools provided by VMware and its community
• Discovering the most valuable and current online VMware resources
• Examples using Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS)
Harley is the only VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX) in Central Virginia, and the 46th in the world. He is currently a DC Solutions Engineer with TBL Networks in Glen Allen,Virginia.