You are here
International Admissions Procedures
International Admissions Procedures
At ECPI University, we carefully review each applicant’s qualifications to determine their:
- Academic potential
- Personal motivation and goals.
With the help of our International Student Admissions Advisors, we do everything we can to make the admissions process simple and smooth.
International students seeking admission to ECPI University are required to complete the same admission requirements as all other applicants to the University.
International Admissions Requirements
Your International Student Admissions Advisor also has information about program-specific requirements and can assist in explaining them. There are also requirements specifically for international students which can be found in the International Student Requirements section.
International Graduate Admissions Requirements
All requirements for international graduate students, can be found in the International Graduate Student Requirements section.
After Completion of Admission Requirements
Once you have completed the International Admission Requirements, we recommend using a courier service such as UPS, FEDEX or certified-mail by the US Postal Service to submit all application materials.
All of the items necessary to complete the admissions process, excluding application materials with online submission options, should be sent to:
Attention: International Student Admissions
5555 Greenwich Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
International student applicants may only apply to those ECPI University campus locations that are authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students. The campus locations are ECPI University – Newport News, ECPI University- Northern Virginia, ECPI University – Raleigh, and ECPI University – Virginia Beach.
Here is a list of recommendations to help you through this process:
- Only apply to the campus at which you have the greatest interest of attending. Do not make multiple applications to different campuses.
- If you later decide that you prefer another location, please provide the International Student Admissions advisor with a written request to transfer the pending application to another school.
- Following submission of all required documentation, an evaluation of the candidate’s admissibility will be made. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. If the applicant is successful in achieving acceptance to ECPI University, the applicant will be issued a notification of acceptance.
- If the applicant is accepted and then decides to transfer to another location, he/she must make a written request to the Principle Designated School Official for ECPI University. Prior to issuance of visa documents by ECPI University (which are required for matriculation and enrollment), each accepted international student will be required to pay one full academic year of tuition and academic fees in advance. For more information regarding tuition and fees, and refund policies, view our Cost of Attending section.
- After completing the first academic year, students will be permitted to participate in a Tuition Payment Plan, with tuition and fees being charged upon registration.
Denial of Admission
ECPI University has a selective admissions process. This helps ensures that incoming students make informed decisions regarding their educational investment and are prepared for college-level study. The University therefore reserves the right to deny admission to any applicant for reasons including but not limited to:
- Failing to meet the stated admissions requirements.
- Lacking the ability to benefit from the education.
- Exhibiting a lack of motivation.
- Lacking the professional attitude or maturity required.
- Being unable to meet financial obligations to ECPI.
If an applicant is denied admission, this decision is final and may not be appealed.