Phlebotomists are responsible for drawing blood and collecting specimens for testing and screening.
Learn to collect blood and other bodily fluid specimens for testing and screenings and prepare samples for testing in a lab. This course presents an overview of the anatomy and physiology of the various systems that require specimen collection, processing and handling of specimens, and laboratory operations.
- Collection, processing & distribution of lab specimens
- Understanding established procedures
- Safety standards in handling specimens
- Legal and ethical behaviors
- Quality control procedures
Upon completion of this course students will be eligible for a clinical externship and be able to sit for a national certification exam.
Course length: 60 hours or 10 weeks, followed by a clinical externship of 80 hours
The certification exam is available on campus.