North Charleston, SC – ECPI University is pleased to announce that it is now offering a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer and Information Science with a concentration in Cloud Computing and Virtualization at its Charleston campus.
“The importance of this degree is that it prepares students to help an organization increase information technology agility, flexibility, and security while reducing the cost and complexity of managing legacy network infrastructures,” says Charleston Campus President James Weaver. “The demand for these skill sets is great since companies are relying on this technology to improve efficiencies while continuing to offer services that help them maintain their business- driven competitive edge.”
Building upon ECPI's tradition of providing an interactive, application-based education, graduates of this program are prepared to:
- Install and configure virtual servers
- Implement and manage virtual servers and data centers
- Use the cloud services for storage and virtualization
- Design and secure fault tolerant enterprise networks
According to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Outlook Handbook, employment of computer network and systems administrators is projected to grow much faster than the average for all occupations and add 286,600 new jobs over the 2008-18 decade. Graduates in this field are typically employed in such areas as:
- Network Support and Help Desks
- Network and Datacenter Administrator
- Network Infrastructure Support
- Virtual Server Administrator
- Storage Technology Manager
- Information Technology Solution Providers
- Network Implementation Team
For more information, please contact Campus President James Weaver at 843.414.0350 or email@example.com.