Labor Department Projects 17% increase in demand for “Rad Techs” Over 10-year Period
Manassas, VA – ECPI University is pleased to announce that it is now offering an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Health Science – Medical Radiography at its Northern Virginia Campus in Manassas. This program will prepare graduates to work in a variety of settings and industries including hospitals, medical imaging centers, outpatient care centers, primary care clinics, mobile imaging, and radiology sales and service.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor (Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition), employment of radiologic technologists is expected to increase by about 17 percent from 2008 to 2018, faster than the average for all occupations. As the population grows and ages, demand for diagnostic imaging is projected to increase.
Through a blend of practical “skills-based clinical experience in hospitals and/or outpatient centers and on-campus classroom and lab sessions, radiography students explore:
- Radiation Biology and Protection for patient clients, employees and other healthcare personnel.
- Equipment Operation and Quality Control to include film/screen techniques, digital, and computer radiology.
- Image Production and Evaluation including technical factors selection, image processing, and criteria for image evaluation.
- Radiographic Procedures including positioning, anatomy, and technical factors adjustments
- Patient Care and Education including ethical and legal aspects, interpersonal communication, infection control, physical assistance and transfer, medical emergencies, and radiographic contrast media
For more information, please contact ECPI Northern Virginia Campus President Scott Scheaffer at 703.330.5300 or Director of Communications David Brandt at 757.213.3613 or firstname.lastname@example.org.