Medical Imaging Equipment Technology Overview
If you want to be known as an organization's "go to" tech person who ensures that critical equipment in the medical and manufacturing fields functions properly, then a career in Medical Imaging Equipment Technology might be just right for you.
This program prepares you for a career specializing in diagnostic medical imaging equipment (fluoroscopy and radiography including X-rays and mammography) installation, maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting.
In 1.5 years, through our year round schedule, you can earn an Associate of Science in Electronics Engineering Technology degree with a concentration in Medical Imaging Equipment Technology.
Job opportunities typically require relocation and working in a medical environment.
For more information about this program and its outcomes, please see the program description in the University Catalog. Medical Imaging Equipment Technology Program Description
What You Can Learn in Medical Imaging Equipment Technology
You can learn electronics and networking skills. Core courses include a foundation in electricity and analog/digital electronics. Advanced courses focus upon:
- Radiological Systems including PACS/DICOM
- Medical Imaging Equipment Troubleshooting
- Integration of Computer Network Technology with High-Tech Microcomputer-controlled Medical Imaging Equipment and Systems
Specific medical imaging equipment technology program objectives are designed to enable graduates to demonstrate:
- Entry-level knowledge of computer technology and analog and digital electronics
- Proficiency in operational checks of medical imaging equipment
- Entry-level knowledge of picture archiving and communication systems (PACS)
- Entry-level knowledge of digital imaging and communication in medicine (DICOM)
- Troubleshooting skills of medical imaging equipment
- Competency in reading, oral and written communication skills and proficiency in mathematics.
This is conducted in an interactive and "real world"/hands-on educational environment.
Where You Can Go in Medical Imaging Equipment Technology
Entry-level employment opportunities for graduates in the medical imaging equipment technology field cross over a wide spectrum of industries including:
- Healthcare including Dental
- Veterinarian Offices
- Medical Imaging for Military and Sub-Contractors
- Imaging Equipment Repair Firms
- Imaging Equipment Manufacturers