ECPI University academic administration has mapped certain ITT programs to ECPI University degrees with a goal to minimize completion time. Candidates who meet our entrance/ admissions and 25% residency requirements would be eligible to graduate with an ECPI University degree.
How it works:
- Staff and faculty are aware of the current ITT Tech status and prepared to meet with and personally assist ITT students in evaluating a transfer to ECPI University.
- ITT has campuses near ECPI University locations in Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina. In addition, ECPI University has an online campus offering technical programs.
- For persons that had planned to start at ITT but now choose to consider other institution’s programs, they may apply to ECPI University, and must meet ECPI University admissions requirements. These applicants will be advised on ECPI University programs as with any other new applicant.
Students who have enrolled, but not started ITT Tech yet - Students that are enrolled at ITT Tech and were to start at ITT this Fall, are currently not eligible for Title IV assistance to attend ITT.
For those students that had planned to start at ITT Tech in the fall, but now choose to consider other institution’s programs, you may apply to ECPI University. You must meet ECPI University admissions requirements and be accepted as a student in order to attend.
Students that withdrew from ITT Tech in 2016 – Please visit the US Department of Education blog site that provides Q&A information for ITT students. You will be required to acknowledge that you that you have read this information prior to having your application to ECPI University reviewed.
Current ITT Tech Students - Students currently enrolled should also visit the US Department of Education blog site that provides Q&A information for ITT students. You will be required to acknowledge that you that you have read this information prior to having your application to ECPI University reviewed. If after reading this information, you wish to apply to transfer to ECPI University, you will be required to:
1. Meet ECPI University admissions requirements including the entrance and/or skills assessment
2. Your ITT Tech transcript will be used to evaluate your academic preparedness for entering a comparable program at ECPI University
3. Acknowledge the US Department of Education Q&A regarding loan forgiveness and expressly indicate they wish to now pursue a degree at ECPI University.
Any transferring student will have their credits individually evaluated for transfer into the ECPI University program they are applying for. All graduates must earn at least 25% of the credits in an ECPI University degree program.
ITT Tech Transfer Trial Period
ITT Tech Transfer “Trial Period” – ITT Tech Transfer students attending their first term at ECPI University are offered a trial period which could be up to 10 weeks or two terms. ITT Tech Transfer students will not be considered enrolled at ECPI University until satisfying the requirements for all assessments and satisfactory completion of the courses during the trial period. Additionally, final acceptance of transfer credits will be made upon official acceptance to ECPI University. Credit for courses successfully completed during the trial period will only be awarded upon official acceptance to the university.
ITT Tech Transfer students may opt out at any point during the trial period and tuition charges will not be assessed. Title IV federal student assistance will not be disbursed during the trial period, but once accepted and the student continues as a regular student, disbursements will be made to include the trial period if otherwise eligible.
If you have read all of this information and the US Department of education Q&A regarding loan forgiveness (http://blog.ed.gov/2016/08/increased-oversight-of-itt-and-the-impact-on-students/) and are still ready to begin the process of transferring to, or enrolling at EPCI University, you can get started by filling out this simple form.