Contest Challenges Students to Innovate Next Generation of Ballpark Food
Norfolk, VA – Baseball season is now underway, and there’s nothing better than a hot dog and a cold beverage while rooting for your team from the stands…or is there?
Many of today’s fans are looking for a bit more from their ballpark food. That’s why the Culinary Institute of Virginia (CIV) is challenging its students to create some new types of stadium food and win scholarship money at the same time.
The newest addition to the CIV Culinary Competition series, “Take Me Out to the Ball Game,” challenges teams of two to three students to formulate innovative fan food that will impress a panel of Hampton Roads sport professionals, including:
- Longtime Sports Executive and Voice of Hampton Roads Athletics Jack Ankerson
- Norfolk Admirals Vice President of Community Affairs Brooke Cranor
- Norfolk State University Head Baseball Coach Claudell E. Clark
- Virginian-Pilot Sports Reporter Larry Rubama
- Lake Taylor High School Athletic Director Robert Pannebacker