ECPI’s Pharmacy Technician Certification Program is designed to assist students in transition into the educational setting and to aid them in developing skills that are essential for success as an entry level Pharmacy Technician. The Pharmacy Technician Program will provide the student with a pharmacy environment that will give them the knowledge and tools necessary to gain ultimate success in the academic and clinical settings. Students will learn the importance of working in Pharmacy outpatient and inpatient environment.
This program is approved by the Virginia Board of Pharmacy.
- Pharmacy law
- Metric conversion/dosage calculation
- Prescriptions filling
- Drug classifications
- Anatomy and physiology
- Medical terminology
- Pharmacy business management
- Inventory control
After completion of the program there is an option of two exams to become certified:
- National certification is generally done through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
- Virginia Pharmacy Technician exam.
- There is a fee required in order to take the certification exams.
This program prepares graduates for entry-level positions in the medical field at:
- Retail stores
- Home health facilities
- Insurance companies