Associate of Science degree in Computer and Information Science with a concentration in Networking & Security Management
The primary goal of this program is to provide you with the foundation to help an organization stay ahead of anyone or anything that might want to harm its computer systems. Now more than ever, as more and more information and business is conducted via the Internet, a person who is responsible for protecting computer networks is a valuable contributor to their organization.
Understanding how systems are vulnerable and knowing how to protect them from hackers, viruses and other acts of cyber-terrorism is a high priority. This educational foundation should provide a strong base to enhance the individual’s technical career progress in either the military or in a civilian capacity. In particular, the graduate should be well prepared to:
- Administer and manage networks
- Create and manage user/group accounts and configure network routers
- Assist in development and implementation of policies for disaster recovery and network security design
- Participate in software installations, network upgrades, and end-user training
- Assist customers in day-to-day network operations and troubleshooting
Please view ratings/roadmaps for a list of eligible Navy ratings. Students with related technical training from other Armed Services are also eligible.
The Information Technology – Networking & Security Management Associate of Science degree program is available to sailors worldwide through our Online Campus.