Information About the University
ECPI University, established 1966, is an independent, private university offering Masters, Bachelor of Science, Associate of Science, and Associate of Applied Science degrees, and diploma and certificate programs.
ECPI University provides a student-centered learning environment that promotes the enhancement of each student's professional and personal life through education.
ECPI University is a private, multi-campus university founded in 1966 that operates in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and globally through the online delivery of its programs. The University has a compelling history, and our success is dependent upon the trust and confidence we have earned from students, employees, and the communities in which we operate. We deliver high quality education and student services and we are committed to the following four Core Values.
Excellence in academics.
- Curriculum designed to foster life-long learning and educational excellence by reinforcing critical thinking, teamwork, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Industry-relevant programs maintain rigorous academic standards and are complemented by robust student support services.
- Hands-on, applied learning complements a strong theoretical foundation that prepares our graduates for the workplace.
- Qualified faculty are academically credentialed and enrich the classroom experience with their industry experience.
Commitment to students.
- Selective admissions process ensures that incoming students make informed decisions regarding their educational investment and are prepared for postsecondary education.
- Dedicated professionals support the student experience and facilitate the achievement of individual student success.
- Meaningful internship experiences and opportunities for graduate employment are available as a result of our long-standing employer partnerships.
- Rigorous institutional effectiveness process promotes continuous improvement of the University.
Professionalism in action.
- Professional appearance, punctuality, attendance, and other behaviors that are appropriate to professional environments are valued and reinforced.
- Professional, civic, and ethical behaviors are promoted through the examples set by faculty and staff.
- Student-centered learning environment simulates the workplace and encourages collaboration with diverse groups to accomplish common goals.
- Opportunities for students to demonstrate professionalism by participating in on-site employer interviews, networking, and professional events including career fairs.
Innovation in Education
- Extensive use of technology is encouraged to enhance each student's university experience.
- Convenient, year-round schedules allow graduates to complete their programs in a timely manner.
- Input is routinely sought from the dynamic communities we serve.
- Multiple approaches are encouraged to reach educational outcomes and maximize student success.
All members of the University community may access our policies, procedures, and requirements in the links below and through our ECPI University Catalog. This information may be subject to changes required and ECPI reserves the right to change its regulations, requirements or financial charges, and to cancel or change the published course offerings. Students are responsible for familiarizing themselves with current regulations, requirements, and changes.
- Cost of Attending - Is Detailed Here.
- Refund Policy/Official Withdrawal Requirements/Procedures
- Academic Programs
- Program Related Facilities
- Students with Disabilities
- Study Abroad
A student's enrollment in a program of study abroad approved for credit by the home institution may be considered enrollment at the home institution for the purpose of applying for assistance under the Title IV HEA programs.
- Copyright Infringement Policy and Sanctions - Read Our Policy.
- Transfer of Credit Policy
- Retention Rates
Retention Rates, from IPEDS Data Center, ECPI University Enrollment, are calculated annually for first time bachelor's (or equivalent) degree-seeking undergraduates who return to the institution to continue their studies the following fall.
- Completion and Graduation Rates
The Completion and Graduation rates, found at College Navigator, to consumers by July 1, are calculated for certificate-or degree-seeking, first time, full time undergraduate students who have completed or graduated by the end of the 12-month period ending August 31 during which 150 percent of the normal time for completion or graduation from their program has lapsed.
Additionally, the graduation rates by eligibility for sources of financial aid are as follows:
|Pell Grants||Federal Subsidized Loans||Neither Pell Grants nor Federal Subsidized Loans|
- Student Body Diversity
ECPI student body diversity information may be found at College Navigator, Enrollment and Financial Aid.