Virginia Beach, Va. – ECPI University is pleased to announce that it is now offering a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer and Information Science with a concentration in Software Development at its Virginia Beach campus.
The curriculum emphasizes teaching students how to write and maintain source code and become knowledgeable in the planning and structured process involved with software development. They are also instructed on how to develop efficient and scalable programs, mobile and web applications, and cloud-based software using languages and technologies such as Java, C#, Objective-C, Python, iOS, Android, jQuery, Google App Engine, BigTable, and MongoDB.
Building upon ECPI's tradition of providing an interactive, application-based education, graduates of this program are prepared to:
- Develop desktop, mobile, web, and cloud applications
- Integrate with relational databases like Oracle and MySQL, and non-relational databases like BigTable (used by Google) and MongoDB (used by Foursquare)
- Design and implement RESTful web services
- Apply information assurance knowledge to the design of secure applications
- Deploy applications through thin clients (computer programs which depends heavily on another computer or server to fulfill its traditional computational roles)
- Use professional software development tools and source code management systems
For more information, please contact ECPI Director of Communications David Brandt at 757.213.3613 or email@example.com.