Modern culinary trends are taught in terms of classical cooking techniques to provide students with a strong foundation of skills desired by today’s employers. Students can apply and expand on their education during two “real-world” externships.
Culinary Skills & Techniques:
The foundation for any professional chef, these concepts lay the groundwork for basic skills and techniques that will be applied throughout a career in culinary arts.
- Mise en Place & Kitchen Organization
- Cooking Methods & Principles
- Baking & Pastry Fundamentals
- Fabrication of Meat, Seafood, and Poultry
- Applied Culinary Nutrition & Healthy Cooking
Advanced Culinary Arts:
While reinforcing the fundamentals of cooking, advanced courses provide students with the opportunity to explore their creativity and individuality.
- Plating & Presentation Techniques
- International Ingredients, Methods, & Cuisines
- Garde Manger & Culinary Artistry
- Advanced Baking and Pastry Arts
- Recipe and Menu Development
Culinary Operations Management:
These courses provide insight on the role of management in ensuring a safe and profitable business, both in and out of the kitchen.
- Kitchen Sanitation & Safety
- Purchasing & Storeroom Management
- Supervision for Food Service
- Dining Room & Service Management
Click here to learn more about courses in our Culinary Arts program.