Guaranteed Admission Program
ECPI University Guarantees Acceptance to Virginia Community College Graduates
Life offers few guarantees, but here’s one that can lead to a bachelor’s degree and potentially exciting career. ECPI University has an agreement in place with the Virginia Community College System (VCCS) which guarantees acceptance of VCCS graduates to ECPI University. Here’s how it works:
- Students must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher on a four-point scale.
- They are required to meet the same admissions criteria as all ECPI University applicants.
- Transfers are accepted by ECPI University into a specific program that aligns with the VCCS’s associate’s degree program.
- VCCS students who have completed – or will complete – an associate’s degree by the time they enroll in classes at ECPI University, will be exempt from paying the ECPI application fee.
Acceptance and Application of Credits
- The maximum number of transfer credits accepted will be up to 75 semester credit hours. Students will receive a credit transfer form showing which VCCS credits were applied to ECPI University courses. Under this requirement, all courses required to complete the specific associate’s degree program will be articulated into the bachelor’s program.
- Credits from courses in which students have earned below a C will be excluded.
- Students from VCCS colleges who have completed a transfer associate’s degree will be considered to have met all lower division general education requirements at ECPI University.
- Students who lack prerequisites for any 300 or 400 level courses at ECPI University, may be required to complete the prerequisite course before taking the upper division course.
Additional Benefits of the Articulation Agreement:
- The ECPI application fee for VCCS students will be waived.
- Students will receive a 5 percent tuition discount. This discount will be applied for the entirety of ECPI RN-BSN coursework.
- Students can apply for the Virginia Community College Nursing Scholarships for $1000 for their first year in the program (ECPI University schedules 10 terms of instruction per calendar year). This competitive scholarship awarded by ECPI University will be awarded to ten students annually and can be used in addition to the 5 percent tuition discount.
Where to Go From Here
Once you enroll at ECPI University, you are afforded all the privileges and benefits available to other students currently enrolled, including student services, financial aid and scholarships, which takes some of the uncertainty out of paying for college.
It’s true. From a VCCS school, you can go anywhere. Why not go to a university that has a track record of superior student support, comprehensive career services, and programs aligned with some of today’s most in-demand professions?
Each program we offer is created in conjunction with industry professionals that sit on ECPI University advisory boards. They know what skills graduates are going to need. And with of these seasoned professionals advising our faculty, it’s no surprise that they hire as many of our graduates as they do!
Ready to learn more? Discover why so many students choose ECPI University and then contact us to schedule a visit!