Virginia College / Brightwood Transfer Program
ECPI University’s academic administration will provide transfer assessments for certain VC and Brightwood (“VC”) programs to ECPI University degrees with a goal to minimize completion time. Candidates who meet our entrance/admissions requirements, complete a no obligation trial period, and meet the 25% residency requirements, would be eligible to graduate with an ECPI University degree.
- Credits earned at VC may transfer to comparable courses at ECPI University after evaluation.
- Staff are prepared to meet with and personally assist VC students.
- ECPI University will ensure students wishing to transfer acknowledge the U.S. Department of Education’s closed school policies, which include information on federal loan discharge after attending a closed school.
Special Trial Period
Most former VC students who are applying to transfer to ECPI University will be required to participate in an extended trial probationary period. This trial period will allow a no-obligation opportunity to determine if ECPI University is a good fit.
- The trial period will last up to 10 weeks (2 modules).
- Additional assessment of preparedness will be ongoing during the trial period and a determination on final acceptance into the similar ECPI University program.
- Students that recently started at VC with less than 15 credits earned may apply by following the standard admissions process for new students. In these cases, the normal ECPI University 5-week trial period will apply.
- Students that are transferring to a different program, with less than 15 credits to be accepted for transfer, may apply by following the standard admissions process. In these cases, the normal ECPI University 5-week trial period will apply.
- Veteran’s benefit eligible applicants may opt to be accepted directly into a program, provided federal student loan discharge options are minimal or not applicable. In these cases, the normal ECPI University 5-week trial period will apply.