ECPI University Named Best for Vets 6 Straight Years
For the sixth straight year, Military Times has named ECPI University Best for Vets. The annual ranking of colleges and universities is the result of an exhaustive survey of the nation’s institutions of higher learning. Among thousands of four-year schools in America, ECPI University's military-friendly style of education has been ranked in the top 5 percent.
Military Times invited colleges and universities to fill out a survey of 150 questions centered on programs and services geared toward military and veteran students. Also included in the assessment was data from the Veterans Affairs and Defense departments, as well as three Education Department sources: the IPEDS Data Center, College Scorecard data, and the Cohort Default Rate Database. Primarily, schools were evaluated across five general categories:
- University culture
- Academic quality and outcomes
- Student support
- Academic policies
- Cost and financial aid
More specifically, survey editors analyzed additional factors such as staffing, extracurricular activities, accreditation, student loan default rates, retention, and graduation rates.
ECPI University has long prided itself on its support of veterans. It is our honor to serve those who have served us. To do that, here are just some of the ways we work to create an environment conducive to veteran success:
- Yellow Ribbon Program – This allows us to enter into an agreement with the Veterans Administration to fund tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate. We can contribute up to 50 percent of those expenses and the Veterans Administration will match the same amount as the institution.
- Virginia Values Veterans Certified – Designation demonstrates to the Commonwealth of Virginia that we value veterans, and have made a public commitment to hire veterans to join our faculty and staff.
- VSOC School – As a member of VetSuccess on Campus program, or VSOC, we have a Veterans Affairs Counselor on campus who can help veteran and military students navigate the VA system and access benefits and services.
- Military Friendly School – A designation awarded by Victory Media, publisher of G.I. Jobs® and Military Spouse
- Named to Military Advanced Education’s Top Colleges and Universities – Only the finest colleges and universities that adhere to the highest principles and best practices in military and veterans’ education are selected for this distinction
ECPI University is also committed to supporting programs such as 8 Keys to Veterans’ Success, Principles of Excellence, Air Force AU-ABC, Navy College Program Distance Learning Partnership, Navy College for Afloat College Education (NCPACE), Marine Corps Career College Program, GoArmyEd, and Air Force General Education Mobile (GEM).
Most importantly, ECPI University’s approach to learning is very similar to the way service members were trained while in uniform…accelerated and hands-on. We offer classes year-round in five-week terms. This means students can focus on just two courses at a time in a small classroom environment with just 13 students on average. And by attending year-round, they can earn a Bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an Associate’s in just 1.5 years.
Want to learn more about what ECPI University does for our military service members, past and present? Visit the ECPI University Military Page for all of the details. If you're ready to enroll and start working towards a college degree, contact a friendly admissions advisor today to start the conversation.
It could be the Best Decision You Ever Make!
DISCLAIMER – ECPI University makes no claim, warranty, or guarantee as to actual employability or earning potential to current, past or future students or graduates of any educational program we offer. The ECPI University website is published for informational purposes only. Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of information contained on the ECPI.edu domain; however, no warranty of accuracy is made. No contractual rights, either expressed or implied, are created by its content.