Mission And Values
ECPI University, established 1966, is an independent, private university offering Masters, Bachelor of Science, Associate of Science, and Associate of Applied Science degrees, and diploma and certificate programs.
ECPI University provides a student-centered learning environment that promotes the enhancement of each student's professional and personal life through education.
ECPI University is a private, multi-campus university founded in 1966 that operates in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and globally through the online delivery of its programs. The University has a compelling history, and our success is dependent upon the trust and confidence we have earned from students, employees, and the communities in which we operate. We deliver high quality education and student services and we are committed to the following four Core Values.
Excellence in academics.
- Curriculum designed to foster life-long learning and educational excellence by reinforcing critical thinking, teamwork, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Industry-relevant programs maintain rigorous academic standards and are complemented by robust student support services.
- Hands-on, applied learning complements a strong theoretical foundation that prepares our graduates for the workplace.
- Qualified faculty are academically credentialed and enrich the classroom experience with their industry experience.
Commitment to students.
- Selective admissions process ensures that incoming students make informed decisions regarding their educational investment and are prepared for postsecondary education.
- Dedicated professionals support the student experience and facilitate the achievement of individual student success.
- Meaningful internship experiences and opportunities for graduate employment are available as a result of our long-standing employer partnerships.
- Rigorous institutional effectiveness process promotes continuous improvement of the University.
Professionalism in action.
- Professional appearance, punctuality, attendance, and other behaviors that are appropriate to professional environments are valued and reinforced.
- Professional, civic, and ethical behaviors are promoted through the examples set by faculty and staff.
- Student-centered learning environment simulates the workplace and encourages collaboration with diverse groups to accomplish common goals.
- Opportunities for students to demonstrate professionalism by participating in on-site employer interviews, networking, and professional events including career fairs.
Innovation in Education.
- Extensive use of technology is encouraged to enhance each student's university experience.
- Convenient, year-round schedules allow graduates to complete their programs in a timely manner.
- Input is routinely sought from the dynamic communities we serve.
- Multiple approaches are encouraged to reach educational outcomes and maximize student success.