Campuses Reopen with Safety in Mind
ECPI University Establishes Extensive Protocols to Help Protect Against Coronavirus, Helping Students Stay on Course for Graduation
Virginia Beach, VA – While the nation continues its efforts to contain the Coronavirus, many states are slowly reopening. ECPI University is reopening as well, but taking great care to welcome students back in the safest possible manner. “Rigorously following CDC guidelines, we believe we have established a reopening plan that will help ensure the safety of our students, faculty, and staff,” says ECPI University Chief Operating Officer Barbara Larar.
Cleaning protocols have been enhanced to include cleaning and disinfecting common areas, restrooms, and high touch surfaces each day. Faculty, staff, and students will be required to maintain this cleaning standard by cleaning and disinfecting their personal workstations, classrooms, and labs before starting and ending work/class each day. Moreover, they have been instructed not to use one another's phones, desks, workstations or other work tools and equipment. Other protocols include:
- Faculty and staff will enter the building through designated entrances. All other entrances and exits will be locked.
- Faculty, staff, and students will have their temperature taken when they enter the building – if their temperature is above 100.4, they will be asked to go home and follow the self-quarantine protocol provided by Human Resources.
- Face Coverings/Masks should be worn in all common areas – if someone does not have a face covering/mask, one will be provided for them.
- Sanitizing stations have been set up near all entry/exit points, elevators, stairwells, and other high-touch surface areas. Students, faculty, and staff have been asked to wash their hands and use hand sanitizer frequently throughout the day, and refrain from hand shaking or other physical contact.
- Elevators will be limited to 2 passengers at a time.
- Signage and floor markings will be visible throughout the campus to remind everyone of proper preventative measures and social distancing protocols.
- Faculty, staff, and students will complete a confidential health assessment prior to returning to work/school.
- Classrooms and labs have been reconfigured to allow for distancing between workstations
Finally, we are limiting the number of visitors to the campuses. Vendors/food delivery will have a designated drop off and pick up area outside of the building. Additionally, common break rooms and vending machines will not be accessible during this initial return period. Students, faculty, and staff are asked to plan their meals accordingly and either bring a non-perishable lunch to work or keep it in a small cooler in their cars or workstations.
“Many of our classes will continue to meet remotely,” says Ms. Larar. “However, most classes require a hands-on learning component. We will limit the number of students who participate in labs at any given time to ensure safety, rotating them in an out to ensure they receive the hands-on learning experience that drew them to ECPI University in the first place.”
For more information, please contact ECPI University Director of Communications David Brandt at 757.213.3613 or email@example.com.
About ECPI University
ECPI University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award the associate's, baccalaureate, and master's degrees and diplomas. SACSCOC is the regional body for the accreditation of degree-granting higher education institutions in the Southern states. A private university founded in 1966, ECPI University has campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, and Texas, and offers convenient classes during the day, evening, and online; graduate employment services, continuing education, certification classes, and testing are also available.
On campus or online, fields of study include: HEALTH SCIENCES: Master of Science in Nursing, Nursing (RN to BSN), BS to BSN, Nursing (RN), Practical Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Health Information Management, Physical Therapist Assistant, Massage Therapy, Dental Assisting, Medical Assisting, Radiography, Sonography, Surgical Technology, Paramedic (EMT); TECHNOLOGY: Master of Science in Information Systems, Master of Science in Cybersecurity, Cyber and Information Security Technology, Data Analytics, Digital Forensics Technology, Information Systems, Software Development, Cloud Computing, Web Development, Database Programming, Electronics Engineering Technology, Mechatronics/Advanced Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering Technology; BUSINESS: Master of Business Administration (MBA), Accounting, Business Administration, IT Management, Operations, Logistics, and Supply Chain Management, Hospitality Management: CRIMINAL JUSTICE: Criminal Justice, Homeland Security, Digital Forensics Crime and Intelligence Analysis; CULINARY: Culinary Arts, Culinary Nutrition, Food Service Management, Baking and Pastry Arts. (Program field availability varies by campus.) For more information, visit www.ecpi.edu.