ECPI University Establishes Extensive Protocols to Help Protect Against Coronavirus, Helping Students Stay on Course for Graduation
Virginia Beach, VA – While the nation continues its efforts to contain the Coronavirus, many states are slowly reopening. ECPI University is reopening as well, but taking great care to welcome students back in the safest possible manner. “Rigorously following CDC guidelines, we believe we have established a reopening plan that will help ensure the safety of our students, faculty, and staff,” says ECPI University Chief Operating Officer Barbara Larar.
Cleaning protocols have been enhanced to include cleaning and disinfecting common areas, restrooms, and high touch surfaces each day. Faculty, staff, and students will be required to maintain this cleaning standard by cleaning and disinfecting their personal workstations, classrooms, and labs before starting and ending work/class each day. Moreover, they have been instructed not to use one another's phones, desks, workstations or other work tools and equipment. Other protocols include:
- Faculty and staff will enter the building through designated entrances. All other entrances and exits will be locked.
- Faculty, staff, and students will have their temperature taken when they enter the building – if their temperature is above 100.4, they will be asked to go home and follow the self-quarantine protocol provided by Human Resources.
- Face Coverings/Masks should be worn in all common areas – if someone does not have a face covering/mask, one will be provided for them.
- Sanitizing stations have been set up near all entry/exit points, elevators, stairwells, and other high-touch surface areas. Students, faculty, and staff have been asked to wash their hands and use hand sanitizer frequently throughout the day, and refrain from hand shaking or other physical contact.
- Elevators will be limited to 2 passengers at a time.
- Signage and floor markings will be visible throughout the campus to remind everyone of proper preventative measures and social distancing protocols.
- Faculty, staff, and students will complete a confidential health assessment prior to returning to work/school.
- Classrooms and labs have been reconfigured to allow for distancing between workstations