Sonography Student Blogs You Need to be Following
Medical professionals use sonography to diagnose conditions and internal injuries. Ultrasound techniques are also used to monitor pregnancies and help doctors develop treatment plans.
The importance of accurate imaging in modern medicine makes skilled sonographers a critical part of any healthcare team. Well-qualified technicians are financially rewarded for their contribution. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, diagnostic sonographers earn an median salary of $64,280 per year. This means qualified sonographers earn nearly twice the median national salary. Many of these professionals work less than 40 hours each week.
Are you pursuing a career in sonography? Keep up with the latest information, innovations, and inspiration with these blogs.
Sonography is an ever-changing art. Check these blogs frequently to stay in-the-know.
- More than just a blog, AuntMinnie.com is an online community dedicated to the medical imagining industry. When you aren’t reading the extensive library of articles, connect with peers all over the world on the various chat boards, find a local conference, or browse the job boards.
- Medical News Today reports on most aspects of the medical industry in the United States and the United Kingdom. Their Radiology category is updated frequently to keep you informed on the latest breakthroughs and issues in the imaging community.
- Medscape is another trusted source for medical news. Specialty topics in their Radiology section include brain and breast cancers, CV imaging, and the Zika virus.
Emerging technology is increasing the usefulness of medical imagining. The ability to view different body structures is also changing the way we understand certain aspects of biology and physiology. Stay up-to-date with the latest equipment and discoveries.
- Medgadget offers the latest information on medical technology. The cutting-edge, experimental technology of today may become the standard of care in the future. This blog will help you keep track of all the exciting things medical researchers constantly discover.
- The mission at Research!America is to provide information that encourages positive change in the US healthcare system. General medical data, government statistics, public polls, and information on advocacy and research will show you the human face behind medical treatment.
- ScienceBlog is not dedicated exclusively to medical imagery, but it is a great source for the latest in medical research. Learn more about the science behind the medical treatments sonographers support.
Share a day in the life of a practicing sonographer with these first-hand confessionals.
- Life in the Fastlane allows medical professionals to share information on topics they think should be discussed in the community. Reviews are posted of recent blog and social media mentions related to a range of medical topics including ultrasound and imaging.
- T. Whelan is a professional sonographer and instructor. He shares his experiences, knowledge, and interests on the Sonographer’s Blog. This site shows the potential for a long and fulfilling sonography career, and the realities of medical imagery in critical care situations.
- Dr. Sumer Sethi teaches sonography in India. He shares his passion for all things imagery in the blog Sumer’s Radiology Site. He gives his interpretation of test images, talks about the history of ultrasound, and offers an expansive collection of general knowledge articles. If you’re looking for an extra resource for lectures and assigned readings, Dr. Sethi offers video series and written materials on a number of topics.
Get some extra practice or connect with the larger community with these frequently updated sites for imagining professionals.
- Radiology Journal has been reporting on industry issues since 1923. Their website features popular articles from their print magazine. You may need a subscription for some content.
- Sonoworld offers free educational material for all who are interested in sonography. Read case studies and articles or listen to audio and video lectures. You may need to register for a free account to access some materials.
- The Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography supports professionals at all stages of their career regardless of specialty. A membership allows access to online and real-life benefits and resources that will help you improve your skills and build knowledge.
Are you interested in a career in sonography? If you want to earn an Associate of Applied Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography, consider ECPI University for the education you’ll need to get your start in this exciting field. For more information about this degree program, connect with a friendly ECPI University admissions counselor today.
It could be the Best Decision You Ever Make!
DISCLAIMER – ECPI University makes no claim, warranty, or guarantee as to actual employability or earning potential to current, past or future students or graduates of any educational program we offer. The ECPI University website is published for informational purposes only. Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of information contained on the ECPI.edu domain; however, no warranty of accuracy is made. No contractual rights, either expressed or implied, are created by its content.
Gainful Employment Information – Sonography - Associate’s