Tech Jobs in Virginia Ranked #6 by CompTIA
CompTIA, (the Computing Technology Industry Association) has just released its annual report ranking the states with the highest concentrations for tech employment, with Virginia ranking number six in the nation. In a news report published by Virginia Business, it said the tech sector accounts for nearly 10 percent of the state’s total workforce, with an average industry wage of $114,770, compared to the state’s average private sector annual wage of $55,730. Moreover, the tech sector is responsible for approximately 12.8 percent ($57.3 billion) of Virginia’s overall economy, which includes more than 21,000 tech businesses.
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to pursue a career in the fields of IT or advanced manufacturing? Since 1966, ECPI University has been helping people just like you prepare for technology careers. And as technology has evolved, so has ECPI University with a wide range of programs offered in our Virginia campuses, located in Virginia Beach, Richmond, Roanoke, and Northern Virginia.
Computer and Information Science
- Cyber and Network Security – Create and build networks in Windows, CISCO, and UNIX environments, and design and implement network security plans to keep hackers at bay and networks secure.
- Cloud Computing – A track within the Cyber and Network Security Major.
- Software Development – Learn to develop efficient and scalable programs, mobile and web applications, and cloud-based software using languages and technologies such as Java, C#, Python, HTML5/CSS, Android, jQuery, Cloud providers, and MongoDB.
- Mobile Development – A track within the Software Development major.
- Web Design and Development – Offers a challenging course of study designed to develop graduates’ knowledge in logical information design, visual creativity, and multimedia communication.
- Electronics Engineering Technology – Learn how to use testing and measuring instruments to acquire data, analyze problems, and design a system or process; work with data acquisition and control systems and digital electronics; and analyze and implement systems containing hardware and software components.
- Mechanical Engineering Technology (Virginia Beach Only) – Focuses on areas such as mechanical design and analysis, material science and manufacturing processes, thermal-fluid-energy sciences, and electro-mechanical devices,
- Mechatronics – Blends the three key professional disciplines that power advanced manufacturing and automation, Electronics, Mechanical Engineering Technology, and Computer and Information Science.
Maybe you’d like to consider a career in technology, but you’re not sure it’s within reach. It may be a lot closer than you think. At ECPI University, we not only have the programs, we also have the support services that can help you succeed. What’s more, you can begin your new career much sooner than you might think. Through our year-round, accelerated schedule, you can earn your Bachelor’s degree in as little as 2.5 years or an Associate’s in just 1.5 years.
Want to learn more? All it takes is connecting with one of our helpful admissions advisors. The next move is yours. What are you waiting for?
It could be the Best Decision You Ever Make!
DISCLAIMER – ECPI University makes no claim, warranty, or guarantee as to actual employability or earning potential to current, past or future students or graduates of any educational program we offer. The ECPI University website is published for informational purposes only. Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of information contained on the ECPI.edu domain; however, no warranty of accuracy is made. No contractual rights, either expressed or implied, are created by its content.
Gainful Employment Information – Cyber and Network Security - Bachelor’s
Gainful Employment Information – Software Development - Bachelor’s
Gainful Employment Information – Mobile Development Track – Bachelor's
Gainful Employment Information – Web Development & Design Track - Bachelor’s
Gainful Employment Information – Electronics Engineering Technology - Bachelor’s
Gainful Employment Information – Mechatronics - Bachelor’s
Gainful Employment Information – Mechanical Engineering Technology - Bachelor’s