There's so much to learn about online college students, from top majors to the major motivations involved in pursuing an education online!
Learn all of this and more in our new infographic, The Anatomy of an Online College Student.
What do students look for in online education, anyway?
Meet America’s Online Students!
- Increased earning potential
- Faculty support
- Location independence
- Robust online library
- Career Services
Top 10 Online College Majors
- Information Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Education
- Medical Billing
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Social Work
Did You Know…
- 60% of Online Students are Employed Full-Time
- 29% of online students are seeking a career change or looking to get out of dead-end jobs
- 33% of online college students report attending college to advance their careers
- 40% of online students report a positive change in employment within a year of graduation, often a promotion or a raise
- Nearly 90% of online students reported that online study was equal to or better than classroom study
So, Why Attend College Online?
- Allows for work/life balance
- Studying can be done at individual pace
- Work on education anytime, from anywhere
- Student-centered curriculum
- Attend school year-round for faster completion
Traits of the Most Successful Online Students
- Time management maven
- Willing to ask for help