Radiologic Sciences Online Degree Overview
The online accelerated Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Sciences (BSRS) program is designed to provide registered radiographers the knowledge needed to advance in the radiology profession in the roles of leader, educator, and/or administrator. The program presents higher advanced skills of Radiologic Sciences for optimum patient care in advanced modalities and effective leadership in administrative positions.
Created using the American Society of Radiologic Technology’s (ASRT) BSRS curriculum guidelines, ECPI University’s BSRS program provides a broader knowledge base and skill set beyond the entry-level radiographer. Advanced standing or transfer credits may be awarded for past radiography coursework. The program is delivered in an online format with a part-time or full-time option.
With ECPI University’s accelerated, year-round schedule, you could earn your Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Sciences 100% online in as little as 2.5 years.
Radiologic Sciences Online Degree Possible Career Track
Earning a B.S.R.S. can allow you to pursue your master’s degree and become a Radiological Assistant (RA). Radiologist assistants are experienced, registered radiographers who have obtained additional education and certification that qualify them to serve as radiologist extenders. They work under the supervision of a radiologist to provide patient care in the diagnostic imaging environment.
Radiologic Sciences Online Degree Outcomes
PROGRAM GOALS & LEARNING OUTCOMES INCLUDE:
Upon completion of the Online Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Sciences program, graduates are expected to:
- Demonstrate problem-solving/critical-thinking skills that provide ethical and safe patient care in all areas of radiology, including advanced modalities.
- Perform in the role of supervisor/manager for a radiology department using leadership skills in the areas of communication, quality management, and team building while maintaining quality of care and safe practices.
- Analyze the relationships between major stakeholders in the U.S. healthcare delivery system and individual caregiver responsibility to provide optimum patient care.
- Apply principles of diversity, cultural competencies, and health literacy to professional practice.
- Professionally communicate with diverse groups of people including patients, peers, administrators, and health professions to ensure patient safety and quality radiographic care.
- Practice a holistic, professional, and ethical approach to health care.
Radiologic Sciences Online Degree Curriculum
|Course ID||Course Name||Credits|
|RAD300||RAD300 Radiology/Healthcare Administration||3.00|
|RAD310||RAD310 Radiology Administration Law and Ethics||3.00|
|RAD330||RAD330 Sectional Anatomy||4.00|
|RAD360||RAD360 Specialized Imaging Modalities||3.00|
|RAD370||RAD370 Advanced Patient Assessments||3.00|
|RAD400||RAD400 The Effective Radiology Supervisor||3.00|
|RAD420||RAD420 Healthcare Delivery Systems||3.00|
|RAD480||RAD480 Professional Capstone||3.00|
|HCA400||HCA400 Health Information Systems||3.00|
|Credit Hour(s) total||32.00|
|Course ID||Course Name||Credits|
|BIO101||BIO101 Human Anatomy & Physiology I||3.00|
|BIO104||BIO104 Human Anatomy & Physiology II||3.00|
|CIS108||CIS108 Office Applications||2.00|
|COM115||COM115 Principles of Communication||3.00|
|ENG110||ENG110 College Composition||3.00|
|HUM205||HUM205 Culture and Diversity: Exploring the Humanities||3.00|
|PSY105||PSY105 Introduction to Psychology||3.00|
|Credit Hour(s) total||20.00|
Visit the ECPI University Catalog for the most current program information.