IT Management Overview
IT professionals are the “go-to” people when computers and networks require troubleshooting and maintenance and, therefore, IT Managers play a central role in the daily operations of most any workplace. Technology, when properly configured, installed, and maintained, allows businesses and organization to operate at peak efficiency.
ECPI University’s Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in IT Management blends coursework in business administration and information technology management to give you the education you can use to enter the IT Management field. And with ECPI’s year-round program, you can earn your degree in just 2.5 years.
ECPI’s IT Management program is designed to prepare graduates with:
- Advanced courses in information technology communication, programming, databases, and networking
- Classes in information technology management, entrepreneurship, and accounting with an emphasis on international business
- Project-based coursework to simulate real-world scenarios
- Coursework in optimization for operations and global marketing
- Senior projects designed to develop entrepreneurial skills by creating business technology requirements and marketing plans
- Workplace experience with externships
37 semester credit hours
Course ID Course Name Credits ACC160 Principles of Accounting I 3 ACC161 Principles of Accounting II 3 BUS121 Introduction to Business 3 BUS222 Ethics in Business 3 BUS298 Externship-BUS III 3 BUS314 Marketing Management 3 BUS321 Business Organizational Management 3 BUS331 Management Information Systems 3 BUS350 Financial Management 3 BUS480 Strategic Planning & Implementation 3 BUS480L Strategic Planning & Implementation LAB 1 ECO201 Macroeconomics 3 ECO202 Microeconomics 3
Hospitality Management concentration only: FSM 298 Food Service Management Externship I replaces BUS 298 in Core curriculum.
Arts and Sciences
31 semester credit hours
Course ID Course Name Credits CAP480 Arts and Sciences Capstone 3 COM115 Principles of Communication 3 ENG110 College Composition 3 ENG120 Advanced Composition 3 HUM205 Culture and Diversity 3 MTH131 College Algebra 3 MTH140 Statistics 3 PHY120 Physics 3 PHY120L Physics LAB 1 PSY105 Introduction to Psychology 3 PSY220 Positive Psychology 3
6 semester credit hours
Course ID Course Name Credits COR090 Career Orientation Seminar 0 FOR110 Essentials for Success 3 CIS115 Computer Applications 3
31 semester credit hours
Course ID Course Name Credits BUS242 Technology Optimization 3 BUS328 Business Process Improvement 3 BUS345 e-Commerce & Technology 3 BUS472 Applied Project Management 3 BUS472L Applied Project Management LAB 1 CIS106 Introduction to Operating Systems 3 CIS121 Logic and Design 3 CIS142 Introduction to Cloud Solutions 3 CIS150 Introduction to Networking 3 CIS212 Principles of Cybersecurity 3 CIS223 Introduction to Database 3
IT Management Electives
- Program Description
ECPI University builds all of its programs around one guiding principle: LEARN BY DOING. And to be certain that the curriculum is aligned with industry requirements, ECPI faculty meets with leading professionals on a regular basis to make sure classes address the needs of the workplace.
ECPI University’s Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in IT Management is designed to produce graduates who are able to strategically manage and utilize technology while implementing changes essential to today's global business environment. Coursework emphasizes:
- Information technology skills in web design, programming, database, and networking
- Effective use of information literacy in the management field
- Implementation of ethical standards as required by business management professionals
- Application of management theory and practice in decision making, business strategy, and technical solutions relating to management
- An understanding of global and technological business processes and management leadership
- Critical thinking and analysis of business factors including operations management, technology, and globalization
- Environmental knowledge and experience necessary to strategically plan
- Change management - fundamental to today's business world
- Possible Career Track
Upon completion, graduates with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in IT Management could possibly pursue a career in such diverse areas as:
- Transportation and Logistics
- Information Systems
Upon completion of the program, graduates should be able to:
- Conduct business research and analyses.
- Analyze business, economic, and financial reports.
- Apply effective critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills to business challenges.
- Demonstrate the ability to create effective plans that maximize business results.
- Demonstrate effective professional business communication.
- Apply ethical behavior, professional standards, and social responsibility in the practice of business.
The IT Management concentration includes:
- Advanced courses in information technology communication, networking, and cloud computing
- The project-based coursework prepares graduates to optimize:
- Technology for operations and
- Manage information technology projects
Upon completion of the program, graduates are able to:
- Apply knowledge of information technology and its impact on business to optimize management of IT projects and professionals.
- Program Guide
- Download Program Guide (529.77 KB)