Radiologic Sciences Overview
The accelerated Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Sciences (B.S.R.S.) program is designed to provide registered radiographers the knowledge needed to advance in the radiology profession in the roles of leader, educator, and/or administrator. The program presents higher advanced skills of Radiologic Sciences for optimum patient care in advanced modalities and effective leadership in administrative positions.
Created using the American Society of Radiologic Technology’s (ASRT) BSRS curriculum guidelines, ECPI University’s BSRS program provides a broader knowledge base and skill set beyond the entry-level radiographer. Advanced standing or transfer credits may be awarded for past radiography coursework. The program is delivered in an online format with a part-time or full-time option.
With ECPI University’s accelerated, year-round schedule, you could earn your Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Sciences in 3 semesters for full time or 5 semesters for half time*
*Assumes acceptable transfer of credits from an associate degree in medical radiography
32 Semester credit hours
Course ID Course Name Credits RAD300 Radiology/Healthcare Administration 3 RAD310 Radiology Administration Law and Ethics 3 RAD330 Sectional Anatomy 4 RAD360 Specialized Imaging Modalities 3 HCA400 Health Information Systems 3 RAD370 Advanced Patient Assessments and Treatments 3 RAD380 Pathophysiology 4 RAD400 The Effective Radiology Supervisor 3 RAD420 Healthcare Delivery Systems 3 RAD480 Professional Capstone 3
20 semester credit hours
Course ID Course Name Credits BIO101 Human Anatomy & Physiology I 3 BIO104 Human Anatomy & Physiology II 3 COM115 Principles of Communication 3 ENG110 College Composition 3 HUM205 Culture and Diversity 3 PSY105 Introduction to Psychology 3 CIS108 Office Applications 2
Arts and Sciences Courses
15 semester credit hours
Course ID Course Name Credits ENG120 Advanced Composition 3 MTH131 College Algebra 3 MTH140 Statistics 3 PSY300 Human Growth and Development 3 CAP480 A & S Capstone 3
- Program Description
Based on the American Society of Radiologic Technologists B.S.R.S. core curriculum, this program expands on areas found in entry-level radiography curriculum, such as critical thinking, human diversity, research methodology, leadership, and communication skills.
As the radiography profession continues to require higher education credentials, we can help you grow within the profession. Moreover, as healthcare as a whole becomes more dependent on interdisciplinary teams, ECPI University can also help you go beyond the scope of your initial training to provide assistance to all allied health professionals in order to provide optimum patient care.
- Possible Career Track
Earning a B.S.R.S. can allow you to pursue your master’s degree and become a Radiological Assistant (RA). Radiologist assistants are experienced, registered radiographers who have obtained additional education and certification that qualify them to serve as radiologist extenders. They work under the supervision of a radiologist to provide patient care in the diagnostic imaging environment. The addition of RAs to the radiology team helps improve productivity and efficiency at a time when the demand for medical imaging services is soaring.
PROGRAM GOALS & LEARNING OUTCOMES INCLUDE:
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Sciences program, you could be prepared to:
- Demonstrate problem-solving/critical-thinking skills that provide ethical and safe patient care in all areas of radiology, including advanced modalities.
- Perform in the role of supervisor/manager for a radiology department using leadership skills in the areas of communication, quality management, and team building while maintaining quality of care and safe practices.
- Analyze the relationships between major stakeholders in the U.S. healthcare delivery system and individual caregiver responsibility to provide optimum patient care.
- Apply principles of diversity, cultural competencies, and health literacy to professional practice.
- Professionally communicate with diverse groups of people including patients, peers, administrators, and health professions to ensure patient safety and quality radiographic care.
- Practice a holistic, professional, and ethical approach to health care.
- Program Guide
- Download Program Guide (546.92 KB)