Accelerated Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ATBSN)
Our consolidated and straight forward ATBSN Program leveraging online and on-campus delivery is tailored towards a more efficient pathway to a nursing degree.
Complete the Accelerated Traditional Bachelor's of Nursing Program in as little as 2.5 Years with ECPI University's Year-Round Schedule versus traditional 4 year colleges.
Accelerated Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ATBSN) Overview
For many of us, our profession is more than a job. It provides a sense of purpose and is closely aligned with our values. That’s certainly the case for nurses. They touch people’s lives every day. They make a difference. If this sounds like the career for you, it makes sense to earn your bachelor’s degree right away. More and more healthcare providers are looking to hire nurses with a BSN. Most recently, the Institute of Medicine recommended that 80 percent of RNs attain a bachelor's degree by 2020.
What is the Accelerated Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ATBSN) Program?
The ATBSN program offers serious students a more direct path to getting a Bachelors In Nursing. The industry is recommending BSN as the preferred level for all nurses moving forward.
Moreover, a study from the National Institutes of Health finds that starting wages of BSN nurses are significantly higher than those of nurses with an associate’s degree.
Why Choose the ECPI University ATBSN Program?
The process for many nursing students is to enter as a Practical Nurse, then get an RN, and then onto a BSN Online. Historically, this was complicated and logistically difficult with all of the stopping, starting and potential transferring.
This new ECPI University ATBSN path will allow the student who focus on becoming a nurse the ability to:
- Pursue their degree with a consolidated on-ground and online program.
- Obtain a BSN quickly using our ECPI University 2.5 year formula.
Not looking to spend four years in college? Then take a look at ECPI University. Through our accelerated, year-round program, you can earn your Bachelor of Science in Nursing in just 2.5 years!
80 semester credit hours
Course ID Course Name Credits HCA400 Healthcare Information Systems 3 HLT101 Nutrition 3 NUR219 Dosage Calculations for Professional Nurse 1 NUR221 Pathophysiology 3 NUR303 Essentials of Nursing Practice 3 NUR305 Concepts of Nursing I 2 NUR307 Concepts of Nursing II 3 NUR309 Concepts of Nursing III 3 NUR310 Pharmacology 3 NUR325 Health Assessment Across the Life Span 4 NUR347 Mental Health Nursing 4 NUR400 Nursing Research 3 NUR356 Medical Surgical Nursing I 5 NUR357 Medical Surgical Nursing II 5 NUR359 Community Nursing 5 NUR424 Maternal/Newborn Nursing 4 NUR426 Parent/Child Nursing 4 NUR457 Nursing Care of the Older Adult 4 NUR458 Acute Care Nursing 5 NUR470 Professional Leadership 3 NUR475 Transition to Practice I 4 NUR476 Transition to Practice II 3 NUR480 Senior Seminar 3 Credit Hour(s) Total 80
Arts and Sciences
35 semester credit hour(s)
Course ID Course Name Credits BIO111 Anatomy & Physiology I w/Terminology 3 BIO111L Anatomy & Physiology I with Terminology LAB 1 BIO116 Anatomy & Physiology II with Terminology 3 BIO116L Anatomy & Physiology II with Terminology LAB 1 ENG110 College Composition 3 ENG120 College Composition II 3 PSY105 Introduction to Psychology 3 COM115 Principles of Communication 3 PSY300 Human Growth and Development 3 HUM205 Culture and Diversity 3 MTH131 College Algebra 3 MTH140 Introduction to Statistics 3 CAP480 Arts and Sciences Capstone 3 Credit Hour(s) Total 35
5 semester credit hour(s)
Course ID Course Name Credits COR101 Freshman Orientation 1 COR195 Study Skills Support 1 CIS115 Computer Applications 3 Credit Hour(s) Total 5
- Program Description
Accelerated Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ATBSN) Program at a Glance
What is ECPI University's Accelerated Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ATBSN) Program?
ECPI University’s College of Nursing has developed a program that can teach you more than just clinical skills. Today’s providers are looking for nurses with evidence-based clinical decision-making and leadership skills. Why? According to the Institute of Medicine, the increasing complexity of nursing care warrants a higher educational standard.
What Core Skills Can You Learn in This Program?
After completing our program, you can attain a higher level of skills in such areas as:
- Advanced technologies and their application to patient care and practice management
- Critical thinking and clinical reasoning designed to improve patient outcomes
- Understanding and mastering the role of communication with patients, families, and healthcare providers so as to coordinate care and advocate for vulnerable populations
- Leadership skill and concept development needed to improve nursing practice, patient outcomes, and practice management
- Possible Career Track
What Can I Do With a Bachelor's In Nursing?
What are the Possible Career Tracks for a Bachelors In Nursing?
The Accelerated Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing program allows students to acquire the essential skills and knowledge needed to meet the preventative and restorative needs of patients. Students learn both the art and science of nursing.
The ATBSN graduate can work in a variety of roles in community health, specialty bedside practice, informatics, and management, pursuing employment in a range of settings.
Top career choices in this field include:
- Primary Care Clinics
- Managed Care Facilities
- Home Healthcare
- Nursing Education
- Mental Health Agencies
- Military and Industry
The curriculum leading to the Accelerated Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree is designed to prepare a professional nurse with several key demonstrative abilities. Each prospective graduate must successfully pass the national Council Licensing Exam for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) before being able to practice as a registered nurse.
All nurse graduates must apply for licensure through the state Board of Nursing. The Board of Nursing must deem the graduate eligible to test and the graduate must successfully pass the National Council Licensing Exam for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) before being able to practice as a registered nurse.
Upon completion of our Accelerated Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing program, you can be prepared to demonstrate the ability to:
- Provide holistic, safe, competent patient care by applying the nursing process and evidence-based practice to manage the health care needs of culturally diverse individuals, families, groups, and communities;
- Synthesize and apply knowledge from the humanities, the arts and letters, the social and natural sciences as a basis for clinical reasoning and decision-making in nursing practice;
- Effectively communicate using written, verbal and electronic methodologies;
- Collaborate as a member of the interdisciplinary health care team, in partnership with the individual, family, group, or community, to promote health and wellness, prevent disease, and to influence health care delivery;
- Apply theories of nursing, patient teaching, leadership and management, and legal and ethical principles to promote optimal care delivery with nurse-sensitive quality indicators;
- Contribute to the enhancement of nursing practice through the delivery of compassionate care, the evaluation of health outcomes, and the application of research to practice;
- Actively participate in the role of a professional nurse through practice, self-care, leadership and lifelong learning across the continuum of care.
- Apply knowledge of health care policy, finance, and regulatory environments to advocate for the provision of safe and equitable nursing care.