Licensure or Certification
Nursing and Health Science Programs

Certain ECPI University nursing and health science programs prepare students to obtain professional licensure required for employment in the states of Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, and Texas.

Requirements for professional licensure or certification often vary by state and are subject to change. Students should contact the applicable licensure board or certification organization to request additional information before beginning or continuing a program that leads to licensure or certification. Links to these organizations are provided by clicking the program links below.

ECPI University provides public disclosures for any program (regardless of delivery method) designed to meet educational requirements for professional licensure or certification that is required for employment or is marketed as such. Disclosures indicate whether the program meets such requirements in the state where the student is located, does not meet requirements in that state, or that no determination has been made. The state-by-state disclosures for these programs are provided at the links below:


Advanced Clinical

Health Science

It is the responsibility of the student to inform ECPI University of address changes. Students can request an address change through the Canvas learning management system (recommended) by clicking on Students Demographics. Address changes can also be initiated through the ECPI Student Portal (My Profile>My Information). MSN students should notify the Program Director as well. Changing the state of residence during the program may alter the ability of students to complete the program.

General Information for Nursing Programs

The National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) has searchable databases on its website (NCSBN Distance Education) for state professional licensure and distance education requirements:

The National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) has published nursing board contact information for states and certain U.S. territories: