Cyber Security Books You Might Find Helpful as a Cloud Computing Student
Almost every organization, from businesses and nonprofits to schools and more, make use of computer systems in one way or another. It's almost impossible not to in this day and age. In fact, more and more businesses are moving to the cloud as a way to back up valuable data and to run their computer systems in a more efficient manner.
As a result, there has been a growing demand for cloud computing specialists. If you're thinking about pursuing a career in cloud computing, one of the areas that you'll need to be proficient in is cyber security. Fortunately, there are many excellent books on cyber security that will be very beneficial to cloud computing students.
Why Cyber Security is So Important
Because the cloud is basically off-site storage, steps have to be taken to ensure its security. While the cloud is known to be relatively safe and secure now, cyber security is still something that businesses invest in due to the fact that cybercriminals are constantly finding new methods to penetrate cloud security. This means that organizations must continually update their cyber security, which means that they will need knowledgeable cloud computing specialists working on their security measures at all times.
Cyber Security Books You Should Read
If you're pursuing a career in cloud computing, then there are a number of different cyber security books that you will want to read. The following books provide comprehensive information about cyber security that will benefit you greatly:
- The Cyber Security Handbook - The Cyber Security Handbook is a good introduction to cyber security since it's written with business owners in mind instead of software specialists. This means that the concepts and information it goes over are easy for any beginner to digest. The book provides information on the best cyber security practices, works as a Lexicon language guide and reviews current governing laws.
- Cyber Operations - Cyber Operations provides a great foundation on building, defending and attacking computer networks. The book guides readers on how to configure a network from the ground up, including how to set up a virtual test environment using basics such as DNS and active directory, as well as learning advanced web applications that involve web servers and backend databases. The book also goes over important defensive techniques in addition to how to attack a network, which is important to learn in order to fully understand what you're defending a network against.
- Digital Forensics and Incident Response - Digital Forensics and Incident Response is a guide focusing on all aspects of incident response, including how to create an incident response plan and how to use digital investigative techniques during a forensic investigation, such as hard drive assessment, examining network-based evidence and examining volatile memory. The book also contains real-life scenarios that showcase how threat intelligence and modeling techniques can be effectively implemented.
- The Basics of Hacking and Penetration Testing - One of the ways that cyber security specialists test for security is by performing an ethical hack or a penetration test in order to identify potential vulnerabilities in their organization's system. They can then address these vulnerabilities to ensure that actual hackers aren't able to exploit them. The Basics of Hacking and Penetration Testing is an excellent introduction on how to utilize and interpret the results of certain hacking tools that are used to perform penetration tests. The book covers tools that include Google reconnaissance, DNS interrogation, Backtrack and Kali Linux, the Social Engineer Toolkit, and much more.
- Applied Cryptography - Applied Cryptography is considered the definitive reference book on cryptography. This shouldn't come as much of a surprise considering that it was written by what many consider to be the most renowned security technologist in the world, Bruce Schneier. The book is an excellent overview of cryptographic techniques and the capabilities that depend on them, such as digital signatures. General classes of cryptographic protocols are covered, as are specific techniques that go over real-world cryptographic algorithms, such as the Data Encryption Standard and the RSA public-key cryptosystems.
- Cybersecurity Leadership - Cybersecurity Leadership is regarded by many cybersecurity specialists and scholars as the definitive book on cyber security leadership and governance. In fact, the author, Mansur Hasib, earned several accolades that speak to his expertise in the field, including the 2017 People's Choice Award in Cybersecurity and the 2017 Information Governance Expert of the Year. Not only is the book an excellent source of reference for leadership in any organization, it also thoroughly addresses the challenges that are unique to technology and cybersecurity in particular.
Are you interested in cloud computing and how to keep the cloud safe? If you want to earn a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer and Information Science with a Major in Cyber and Network Security - Cloud Computing Track, consider ECPI University for the education you’ll need. For more information on this exciting degree program, connect with a knowledgeable admissions advisor today.
It could be the Best Decision You Ever Make!
DISCLAIMER – ECPI University makes no claim, warranty, or guarantee as to actual employability or earning potential to current, past or future students or graduates of any educational program we offer. The ECPI University website is published for informational purposes only. Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of information contained on the ECPI.edu domain; however, no warranty of accuracy is made. No contractual rights, either expressed or implied, are created by its content.
Gainful Employment Information – Cloud Computing Track - Bachelor’s
For more information about ECPI University or any of our programs click here: http://www.ecpi.edu/ or http://ow.ly/Ca1ya.