Why Do You Study Business Administration and Management?
Economies all over the world depend on skilled business people to create jobs and bring useful goods and services to marketplaces. A degree in business administration and management could open career paths that lead to high salaries, job satisfaction, and nearly unlimited opportunities for growth. It is possible to have a successful business career without an accredited degree. However, there are many advantages to starting your business administration and management career with a formal training program. Let’s take a look at a few of them.
Job Opportunities in Business Administration and Management
All businesses need managers and administrators to handle daily operations. Managers and administrators are also essential to the growth and profitability of a business venture. Getting a degree gives you more options when searching for a job. New graduates can qualify for a number of entry-level positions.
- Advertising, promotional, and marketing managers use their business knowledge to attract new and repeat customers with contests, giveaways, and other marketing techniques. They may also handle planning and executing marketing campaigns, managing budgets, and market research.
- Insurance agents help their clients protect their important assets. They analyze the client’s needs and suggest insurance products that fit their current situation and future goals. The Bureau of Labor Statistics suggests that those pursuing a career as an insurance agent should have a bachelors degree for the best career options.
- Sales managers earn an impressive average wage of $56.71 per hour according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. They are responsible for analyzing sales patterns and adjusting them for maximum profit. Sales managers also coordinate the efforts of their sales staff, set prices for goods and services, and use their interpersonal skills to resolve issues for dissatisfied customers.
These are just a few of the positions you could qualify for with a degree in business administration and management. Job titles can vary by industry and specific role.
Benefits of Earning a Degree
Earning a degree is a big investment of time and other resources. However, there are many reasons why those seeking a career in business administration and management should get a degree before starting their job search.
- A degree can put you ahead of the competition. Due to their high pay and potential, these jobs are competitive. Without a lot of experience, education is the best way to separate yourself from the pile of applicants. Employers will know you have the basic skills they need to run their operations without wasting a lot of time training.
- You will qualify for more positions. Relying on your work experience can limit your options. The broad knowledge base you gain from a degree program gives you the ability to fill more than just one type of position. This means you have more control over the direction of your career.
- Networking and building community. During your study program, you will meet other students, instructors, and counselors that may be instrumental to your career development. These contacts can provide a lifetime of referrals, professional advice, references, and networking opportunities.
- You will have more career flexibility. Once you earn your degree, you may decide that working a traditional job is not for you. In that case, your degree allows you to start your own business or act as a consultant for other entrepreneurs. A degree in business administration and management gives you the power to create your own career path.
Gaining a degree is an investment in yourself and an affirmation of your potential. Over time, your effort could pay off in higher wages, better opportunities, and more job satisfaction.
Is a Degree Program Right for You?
Are you interested in a career in business administration and management? If you want to earn a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, ECPI University offers this program at an accelerated rate. For more information on this exciting degree, connect with a friendly ECPI University admissions expert today.
It could be the Best Decision You Ever Make!
DISCLAIMER – ECPI University makes no claim, warranty, or guarantee as to actual employability or earning potential to current, past or future students or graduates of any educational program we offer. The ECPI University website is published for informational purposes only. Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of information contained on the ECPI.edu domain; however, no warranty of accuracy is made. No contractual rights, either expressed or implied, are created by its content.
Gainful Employment Information – Business Administration - Bachelor’s