ECPI University LIFT Scholarship
ECPI University has a strong record of graduating minorities into careers in Information Technology, Health Care, Business, Criminal Justice, and Hospitality. ECPI University is 3rd in the nation in the number of African Americans graduating with undergraduate computer science degrees – nearly 2.5% of all such degrees earned in the United States. ECPI University is also the largest provider of African American nurses in the Mid-Atlantic region.
In every way, education can be a great equalizer. By finding meaningful ways to increase access to education, in all communities, our society stands a chance to break down the barriers to racial inequality and income inequality.
That is why ECPI University is acting now to improve access for African Americans into programs that offer economic opportunity and upward mobility. As part of our contribution to this effort, our ECPI University community is proud to accept applications for our LIFT Scholarship.
Applicants may apply here: LIFT Scholarship Application. Eligible and selected applicants will receive a scholarship for their final semester to replace student loans needed to cover that semester’s tuition up to a maximum of $4,000.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Be an African American, a United States citizen, legal permanent resident, or national of the United States.
- Have demonstrated financial and unmet need after financial assistance has been applied for or received.
- Meet the admissions criteria and enroll in a regular academic degree program at ECPI University. Preference given to technology programs, nursing, and other advanced clinical programs. Other program applicants can be considered upon notice from University Administration, and will be based on overall quarterly application volume.
- Maintain a GPA of 2.75 at ECPI University if applicable.
- Will graduate in 2021 or later
- Maintain continuous enrollment (no more than total of 6 months out)
- Commit to a community service project to help underserved communities. Commitment will be indicated on the scholarship application and requires an update with documentation on community service done while in college, or prior to attending ECPI, A notice of this requirement will be sent when a student has 30 credits remaining in their program.