Best Choice Schools Ranks Culinary Institute of Virginia #1 in State for 2017
School Cited for Hands-On Environment and Skills-Based Learning
Best Choice Schools has just released its 2017 rankings for the 10 Best Culinary Schools in Virginia and ECPI University’s College of Culinary Arts, Culinary Institute of Virginia (CIV), has been ranked number one. Standards for excellence in compiling this list includes:
- State-of-the-Art Kitchens/Labs
- Diverse Curriculum
- Variety of Degrees and Certificates Offered
- Hands-On Learning Environment
Best Choice Schools is the foremost online resource for obtaining the latest information to help students select a college and academic degree program that meets their needs. According to the Best Choice Schools’ website, the restaurant and food service industry in Virginia is projected to contribute more than $16 billion dollars in sales revenue this year. The industry currently employs more than 11 percent of Virginia’s workforce, with an increase of 44,400 jobs expected by 2026. As those jobs become available, restaurant and food service owners will be looking for employees who are well trained and educated.
If you’re interested in pursuing a career in the culinary arts, earning a culinary degree or diploma could give you a competitive edge. The Culinary Institute of Virginia offers you the opportunity to study alongside professional chef instructors who can help turn your passion into a profession. Our programs can help you learn how to blend food science with culinary techniques and presentation skills to create dishes that will dazzle and amaze.
CIV offers four points of entry into the culinary profession:
- Associate of Applied Science in Culinary Arts – learn culinary skills and techniques, as well as meat, seafood, and poultry fabrication. Advanced courses focus on plating and presentation techniques, international ingredients, methods, and cuisines, along with recipe and menu development. Additional courses focus on the role of management in ensuring a safe and profitable business, both in and out of the kitchen.
- Associate of Applied Science in Culinary Arts and Applied Nutrition – Big changes are taking place within the culinary profession. Consumers are looking for more nutritious menu options. And it’s not just at restaurants. Hospitals, retirement communities, and schools are all being asked to focus on healthy eating. CIV’s program merges classic culinary techniques with nutrition science to develop the specialized knowledge necessary to serve health-conscious consumers.
- Bachelor of Science in Food Service Management – for those who prefer the business side of food service, we offer a program that covers essential areas such as financial management, leadership, and operations management – skills that can help make you stand out and succeed following graduation. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, postsecondary education is increasingly preferred for many manager positions, especially at upscale restaurants and hotels.
- Baking and Pastry Arts – This diploma program is for people who like to blend their love of cooking with the artistry of baking. From artisan breads to sugar, chocolate and pastillage showpieces, you can gain the skills needed to prepare a variety of products t various production levels.
What’s more, our year-round, accelerated class schedules allow you to earn your degree or diploma much faster than you might expect. In fact, you could earn your Bachelor degree in just 2.5 years, an Associate’s in 15 months, or a diploma in as little as 40 weeks.
So, is your mouth watering? If you’re ready to take the next step and explore a career in the culinary arts, take a moment and connect with the Culinary Institute of Virginia. A helpful admissions advisor will be happy to answer all of your questions.
It could be the Best Decision You Ever Make!
DISCLAIMER – ECPI University makes no claim, warranty, or guarantee as to actual employability or earning potential to current, past or future students or graduates of any educational program we offer. The ECPI University website is published for informational purposes only. Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of information contained on the ECPI.edu domain; however, no warranty of accuracy is made. No contractual rights, either expressed or implied, are created by its content.
Gainful Employment Information – Food Service Management - Bachelor’s
Gainful Employment Information – Culinary Arts - Associate’s
Gainful Employment Information – Culinary Nutrition - Associate’s
Gainful Employment Information – Baking & Pastry Arts – Diploma