ECPI University - A Military Friendly School®
What Does it Mean to be a Military Friendly® College?
We are proud to have been named a 2022 Military Friendly® School, marking the seventh year we've been honored with this distinction. Created by Victory Media, publisher of G.I. Jobs®, STEM JobsSM, and Military Spouse, the designation provides service members and their families with transparent, data-driven ratings about post-military education and career opportunities.
Colleges named to the Military Friendly® Schools list are required to complete a survey of more than 100 questions covering a vast array of criteria.
Support and Services for Military
Does the college or university have a liaison or service director? At ECPI University, we have that and more. Our executive director of military education is a retired Navy captain who works closely with faculty and staff. Specifically, he works to ensure everyone is attuned to the needs of military and veteran students.
In addition, ECPI University is a VSOC school, which is short for VetSuccess on Campus. This is an initiative launched by the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA), whereby the VA places an experienced VA counselor on campus to help student veterans ease the transition to civilian life. These counselors maintain close relationships with local VA Vet Centers and VA medical facilities, referring them as needed for counseling or medical services and providing assistance enrolling in and applying for VA benefits.
It takes a collaborative atmosphere to properly serve military and veteran students. That's why ECPI University is aligned with a great many organizations, all dedicated to a common goal:
- Marine Corps Career College Program
- Air Force General Education Mobile
- Yellow Ribbon Program
All students with 100% GI Bill® eligibility is on full scholarship
- A group of more than 1900 institutions that accept credits from one another
- Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCCA) program
- Concurrent Admissions Program
Web Presence & Online Military Resources
A military friendly® school accepts military credits following the American Council on Education (ACE) guidelines and understands how to evaluate ART, SMART, and CCAF transcripts.
Military Benefits with SCRA
ECPI University appreciates the sacrifices of America’s service members and wants to ensure that service members understand and utilize the private student loan benefits that may be available to them.
Per the Service Members Civil Relief Act (“SCRA”), service members are provided interest rate relief when called into active duty.
- Interest rate is capped at 6%.
- Applies to loans disbursed prior to deployment or call to active duty.
- Co-borrowers are also eligible for the benefit.
- Proof of military mobilization or deployment is required to qualify.
- Benefit is effective as of deployment date and ends 90 days after discharge of active duty.
- Request can be submitted anytime during active duty or up to 180 days after leaving the service and will be applied retroactively to active duty date.
- Payments will remain due while you are away so please plan accordingly.
- Consider enrolling in monthly automatic payments to keep your account current.
- Consider obtaining Power of Attorney during deployment period.
- Contact the Financial Assistance office, your Federal Loan Servicer or visit StudentAid.gov to determine eligibility for federal loan benefits.
Having Financial Difficulties?
- Contact the Financial Assistance Office
- Contact Tuition Options at 800.423.5513 to discuss the options available to you.
- You may be able to lower your payments through a loan modification.